Association of Clinical Registries in Malaysia
The Association of Clinical Registries in Malaysia (ACRM) was established in 2005. It was conceived through the joint efforts of a variety of Health and IT professionals with an interest in the development of clinical databases and disease registers in Malaysia.
The establishment of the society was motivated by increasing awareness of the huge untapped potential of clinical databases and disease registers to serve as a powerful tool for public health surveillance, health outcomes management, healthcare quality improvement and cost containment.
The Association was therefore established to:
- Strengthen the capacity for scientifically sound and ethically proper clinical registries.
- Promote and support implementation of specific clinical registries for priority diseases or therapeutic areas in Malaysia.
- Foster the judicious application of clinical registries to disease surveillance, health outcomes management, healthcare quality improvement and healthcare cost containment.
- Provide a forum for debating issues arising from implementation of clinical registries.
- Promote communication and collaboration among clinicians, clinical epidemiologists and researchers, clinical IT professionals and healthcare managers on clinical registry related issues.
The activities of the association shall include:
- Promotion and membership drive
- Development and maintenance of the website which serves as a portal to clinical databases in Malaysia
- Publication of electronic newsletter
- Bibliography services for Clinical Registries/database literature
- Annual seminar on Clinical Registries/databases
- Training programmes
- Focal point for collaborative research
- Preferential rates for members on courses conducted by CRC
- Free listing on ACRM website
© Association of Clinical Registries, Malaysia. All rights reserved. Powered by Altus Solutions